14 14°C

In the northwest corner of Titov Square stands a Baroque chapel with a relief of Madonna with the Child on its front. This passable chapel resembles a small triumphal arch and marks the beginning of the Petar Kružić Stairway that lead to the famous pilgrimage centre, the Franciscan monastery at Trsat. The steps were built in 1531 by order of Warlord Petar Kružić, and were built up over the centuries (up to today's over 500 steps) and adorned with votive chapels.