St. Jerome’s church and the area of the current Dominican monastery belong to a great monastery complex founded for the Augustinians...
The Capuchin Church of Our Lady of Lourdes was built from 1904 until 1929 according to the design of the engineers Giovanni Maria Curet and Cornelio Budinich.
The St. Vitus' Cathedral is the only Baroque rotunda of monumental proportions built on Croatian soil. The construction of this church, designed by the Jesuit architect brother G. Brian, began in 1638.
The Old Gateway or Roman Arch is not a Roman triumphal arch, as was once presumed, but a representative main entrance to the centre of the Late Antique command compound of the Roman Tarsatica, an ancient town on whose ruins the medieval Rijeka was built.
The existing urban-architectural complex is mainly Art Nouveau style, constructed in the early 20th century, after a feudal castle, located on the site of today's Palace of Justice, was demolished.
City Tower, a symbol of Rijeka and a good example of a typical round tower access-point, which lead into the fortified town. Today it dominates the central part of Korzo, although during its lifetime it was overtopped by more recently constructed buildings.
Since 1700 the Square of Riječka rezolucija has served as a playground for the children of the patricians, and this is where Stendarac is located, a stone flagpole erected as instructed by Emperor Maximilian.
Church of St. Fabian and St. Sebastian is a small building, but with a very long biography. It is all important, first of all, for the history of Rijeka’s health culture, since it is dedicated to the protector against the plague.
Today, the temple in Rijeka is the only purpose-built synagogue in Croatia. It is protected as immovable cultural heritage.
The Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary was never destined to become a cathedral, even though the walls are evidence that the church has been here for centuries.